Sunday, June 11, 2017

P.T.S.D. and flashbacks!

P.T.S.D. and flashbacks are something that many different people deal with
for many different reasons. For some, they have memories of military
actions, some due to domestic disputes and for some like me, due to the
consequences of poor choices. There is one specific memory that I am
reminded of, almost every day, that happened in my life almost 17 years
ago, and it was 2 days after my salvation. I was arrested, and while in a
cell, I remember hearing the police counting out my ammunition onto a metal
table, clank, clank, clank. At the shop I work at, the sound of the change
into the drawer as they count it, has the same sound. I remember who I used
to be, what type of person I was "before". There are many people who look
at who I am today and could never believe what a wretched sinner I used to
be. I am so thankful to the Lord Jesus for changing me from the inside out.
One of my favorite verses is, *2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in
Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all
things have become new.* John Newton wrote, “I am not what I ought to be, I
am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but
still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I
am”. Brethren, even though it may be a struggle, I pray that we can all do
as it says in *Phil 3:13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have
apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind
and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the
goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.* In Jesus
name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment