Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hebrews 10 Is your sin burden heavy?

Hebrews 10
Berean Study Bible
Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
(Psalm 147:1-20; Romans 3:1-8)
1The Law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2If it could, would not the offerings have ceased? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all and would no longer feel the guilt of their sins.
3Instead, those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and of goats to take away sins. 5Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
but a body You prepared for me.
6In burnt offerings and sin offerings
You took no delight.
7Then I said, ‘Here I am, it is written about Me in the scroll:
I have come to do Your will, O God.’”
8In the passage above He says, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (although they are required by the Law). 9Then He adds, “Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Guilt of sins! This is a heavy burden to carry and Satan tries to use it to turn you away from Jesus. We are all evil in the heart and we were born that way. How often had we seen a small child, a baby grab a toy away from another saying, MINE!

I look back at my life and the things I have done and I am ashamed. I have stolen things and have hurt people. Why did I do these things? It would be impossible for me to correct the wrongs I have done but it's not impossible with Jesus Christ. Tears come to my eyes every time I see another soul come to Christ. Why? Because I was once where they were at!
I thank God for His Son, I thank the Son for what He has done, I thank the Holy Spirit for His because He has come, indwelled in us!

Yes I have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, Once and for All.
Satan, your going to hell, so in the name of Jesus Christ away from me!

Revelation 20: Satan Cast into the Lake of Fire
10And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

I've read the bible and I know the ending, Satan looses and Jesus wins!

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment