Monday, June 12, 2017

One beggar telling another beggar

"How many people have you led to Christ?" is a question that I was recently
asked. My answer was simple, I don't know. I remember leading a few people
in the "sinners prayer" and I look for opportunities to share about my Lord
Jesus as often as I can, and yet, I will probably not truly know what has
taken root until I get to heaven. The one thing that I realized a long time
ago is, that it is not "My ministry", it is His. I think of the verse in *1
Cor 3:4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,”
are you not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers
through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted,
Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.* There are many people who take
pride in what "They" have accomplished for the kingdom. There is a quote
that I read that has struck my heart, "Evangelism is one beggar telling
another beggar where to find bread?” We all have a calling on our lives to
"Evangelize", and also realize that *1 Cor 3:7 So then neither he who
plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8
Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his
own reward according to his own labor.* I pray that the words that I share
have touched at least one person's life, and for that it will be all worth
it. My closing thought is from Charles Spurgeon, ""While others are
congratulating themselves, I have to lie humbly at the foot of Christ's
cross and marvel that I am saved at all".

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment