Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Humble Your Heart. Matthew 20:20-28 NLT

I love to volunteer. I meet new people, have fun, get into places free and serve Jesus all at the same time! It feels good to do nice things for other people, people who are usually strangers. I don't do it for praise or acknowledgement, I do it because I love Jesus and this is one way I can show His love to others. 

When I sign up to volunteer, it's not important what I do, I just want to be involved. (Except when it came to kids and dart guns, I drew the line there).  I want whatever the activity is to be enjoyable for those attending and easier on the people organizing it. I want it to be a success. 

It's not important what you do for Jesus, it just important you do something and do it for the right reasons. Check your motives, if your serving others for acclamation, recognition or rewards it's time to humble your heart. 

Matthew 20:20-28 NLT 

Jesus Teaches about Serving Others 

20 Then the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor.  21 “What is your request?” He asked. 

She replied, “In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.” 

22 But Jesus answered by saying to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink?” 

“Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!” 

23 Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from My bitter cup. But I have no right to say who will sit on My right or My left. My Father has prepared those places for the ones He has chosen.” 

24 When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant.  25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them.  26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,  27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.  28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many.” 


Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment