Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hebrews 9 I Owe You

15Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
16In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it, 17because a will does not take effect until the one who made it has died; it cannot be executed while he is still alive.

 For the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant: Jesus’ payment on the cross accomplished redemption for those under the first covenant. Every sin offering made in faith under the Law was an IOU cashed in at the cross. (Guzik)

i. “If there be a question about whether a man is alive or not, you cannot administer to his estate, but when you have certain evidence that the testator has died then the will stands. So is it with the blessed gospel: if Jesus did not die, then the gospel is null and void.” (Spurgeon)

IOU, What does it mean? An IOU (abbreviated from the phrase "I owe you") WikapediA

I am an amateur radio operator and I received my federal license in 1999. My original call sign was difficult to understand and I always had to use phonetics when saying it. A friend suggested that I apply for a vanity call sign and to pick one that used vowels.
* a letter representing a vowel sound, such as a, e, i, o, u.

Cecilia suggested (iou) as it represents "I owe you" plus they are vowels.
I called the Federal Communications Commission and k7iou just became available. I paid the vanity call sign fee and it is now mine. Cecilia also became and amateur radio operator and her call sign is k8iou. We are the IOU family! So now when I talk on amateur radio my call sign is easy for someone to understand!

"Jesus’ payment on the cross accomplished redemption for those under the first covenant. Every sin offering made in faith under the Law was an IOU cashed in at the cross."

Blessings, David


No comments:

Post a Comment