Saturday, June 10, 2017

His Great Love

There have been many times in my life where it has been filled with
disappointment and loneliness. I suffered through a failed marriage and
every relationship that I have been in has ended for one reason or another.
Many times it has been because my expectations of others were to high, the
choices I made were not good, but most of the time, I was looking to be
loved in a way that I had never been loved before. Before I had my "come to
Jesus moment", I tried to find satisfaction in worldly relationships and
they always seemed to be lacking something. I remember praying for God to
help me find someone that could love me like I could love them. I came to
understand that there was a person who had loved me from the foundations of
the world, and that person was Jesus Christ. When I read *John 3:16 For God
so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever
believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.* I learned
about a sacrificial love. I also came to understand who to trust in and who
to not. It says in *Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to
put confidence in man.* For all those who are looking to find the greatest
love ever, look to the Lord Jesus. And may we remember *Ephesians 2:4 But
God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved
us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with
Christ (by grace you have been saved)*. My beloved, Jesus loves you and I
love you too!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment