Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hebrews 11 Do you have faith and assurance?

Hebrews 11
Berean Study Bible
Faith and Assurance
1Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see. 2This is why the ancients were commended.
3By faith we understand that the universe was formed by God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

"faith is the “sense” that gives us evidence of the invisible, spiritual world." (Guzik)
“Physical eyesight produces a conviction or evidence of visible things; faith is the organ which enables people to see the invisible order.” (Bruce)

Gods command; Genesis 1: 3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Faith and assurance, what does it mean to you? My faith is in Jesus Christ. I have assurance that His death on the cross was a sacrifice for my sins. I am assured I have eternal life!

When I hear a report that a 20 million year old fossil was found my first reaction is; yeah right! The bible is clear about God creating the earth. It seems to me scientists are trying to prove Him wrong!

Do you have faith and assurance?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment