Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Fathers Day!

"Happy Father's Day" brings out different emotions in people. For some they
had a great dad, one that was involved in every aspect of their life. Then
there are the rest of us. There were many dad's that were so busy making a
living that they forgot about making a life with their families. For some,
they suffer from not knowing their father's, due to one reason or another.
There are many of us whose father's have died and are no longer with us,
and we have sadness today. Before I came to know God as my Father, I felt
like I was missing something. As I read the scriptures, I learned how to be
the father to my children, and show love in a way that it was never shown
to me by my earthly father. I think of what Jesus went through for us and
what our heavenly Father did so that we can be His children and call Him
"Abba", "Daddy". *Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent
forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7
Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir
of God through Christ.* Happy Father's day, first and foremost to our
heavenly Father and to all those that are being a father to their own
children or the children of another. May we love them like Jesus would. God
bless.

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment