Friday, June 9, 2017

The Sower and the Seed

The Sower and the Seed. *Matt 13:3...“Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4
And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside...5 Some fell on stony
places...7 And some fell among thorns...8 But others fell on good ground
and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.* As I have
read this parable and listened to different teachings on this, recently I
began to look at this in a different way. For many, we think, I am
definitely the good soil, and then they remember friends that were the
others, who are no longer around. I began to take this a little more
personal. I realize at times that I am all 4. As it is explained later in
the chapter, I have heard the word of God, and at times, did not understand
and let the enemy take what was planted away. Then there are times that I
received the Word with joy, and when persecuted I have stumbled and not
done what God had called me to do. Also there have been times when the
cares of the world, the deceitfulness of riches, the busyness of life, have
distracted me and I was unfruitful. My hearts desire is to produce a
hundredfold for the kingdom and yet I know that I fail many times every
day. My beloved brethren, may God open our ears to hear, our eyes to see,
and our hearts to feel, all that God wants us to do and may we all produce
a hundredfold. In Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment