Friday, June 16, 2017

Hebrews 10 Encourage one another!

23Let us hold resolutely to the hope we confess, for He who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. 25Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

We have two weekly "meetings" get togethers that we attend with people from our church. One is Sunday night, called Life Group. We meet at a home with other believers starting with a prayer, food, bible study on that day's sermon and then prayer requests. Our church publishes a page of life group questions for going deeper into the sermon. The church has many life groups so you can join anyone you wish. We enjoy the one we attend and have bonded with the friends we meet there. Everyone signs up for bringing food by the calendar and it ranges from desert to a full blown meal.

The second is called Compassionate Recovery. It's a group of people in recovery from death of a loved one, addictions from alcohol or drugs, gambling, or more importantly anyone with hurts, hang ups or habits. This group meets Thursday nights and starts with worship, a two page study given by our church counselor and then breaks up into two groups, women and men. At first I thought this group isn't for me but then I was told by someone they enjoyed when I attended. I asked, why? He said he enjoyed my input in the men's group. I gave this person a nickname, (Barnabas), "the encourager".
I've bonded with the men in the group and to be honest I wouldn't be attending if I didn't have a drug problem. You see, my wife drug me to church!
During summer break the group has BBQ's every three weeks or so. We had one last week and I almost canceled due to a big project but drug myself to it. I have to say we had a great time and I look forward to the next one!

So I have to ASK you! Do you spur one another on to love and good deeds?
Do you neglect meeting with one another?
Do you encourage one another?
Plug yourself into your church, get involved in extra activities with other believers.
If your church doesn't have Life Group's ask if you can start one!
Attend bible studies!
You never know, if you have a drug problem like I have you eventually may not have to drag yourself into the extra activities! You may even enjoy them!

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment