Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Jesus is my King, my Lord and my Savior. Is He yours?

Matt27:17 So when they had assembled [for this purpose], Pilate said to
them, “Whom do you want me to set free for you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is
called Christ?”21...And they said, “Barabbas.” 22 Pilate said to them,
“Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all replied,
“Let Him be crucified!” Luke 23:38 Now there was also an inscription above
Him: “THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.”

Jesus is my King, my Lord and my Savior. Barabbas - i.e., son of Abba or of
a father. The people answered release Barabbas (son of a father), crucify
Christ (The true Son of the Father). There was a crowd praising Jesus a few
days earlier as He made His triumphant entrance and now the people are
asking for Barabbas to be released. It amazes me how fickle some people
are, and even myself sometimes. How devoted we can be to Christ one minute
and are dishonoring Him the next. Jesus was betrayed, deserted, beaten,
whipped, and then crucified. He was a King and yet His servants weren't
helping Him. Angels and time stood still. Jesus suffered for us. I know
that I will never be able to repay Jesus for what He did for me upon the
cross. I do declare, that I will make my stand to serve my King as much as
I can with all that I am for the rest of my life. Brethren, who else is
with me?


Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment