Tuesday, September 20, 2016

All I Need Psalm 23:1b

Psalm 23 NLT
1b I have all that I need.

David is not talking about material needs. It's a relationship with his God that gives him this complete satisfaction in his life. Paul tells us in Philippines 4:12 "I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

The "secret" is being satisfied with what you have because you know God is providing exactly what you need. It's the "daily bread" He gives us. 

If you are content with your relationship with Jesus, if you are content with the knowledge of your salvation, you have all you need. As a good shepherd will not allow his sheep to suffer and will provide for the flocks need, Jesus as our Good Shepherd will not allow us as His flock to go without our basic needs. That knowledge should be comforting to us. That knowledge should give us peace. 

There a popular saying going around "Whoever dies with the most stuff wins". I don't find that humorous, I find it sad. I don't know what you win, but I know what you loose. With that mentality in life, your future is most certainly death, an eternal death that has no life. I would much rather live this life with nothing to gain an eternal life with Jesus. That is a life with everything. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment