Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Believers are to be different. Are you?

Matt18:2 He called a little child and set him before them, 3 and said, “I
assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless you repent [that is, change
your inner self—your old way of thinking, live changed lives] and become
like children [trusting, humble, and forgiving], you will never enter the
kingdom of heaven. Ps19:12 Who can understand his errors or omissions?
Acquit me of hidden (unconscious, unintended) faults. Eph5:4 Let there be
no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse [obscene or vulgar] joking, because
such things are not appropriate [for believers]; but instead speak of your
thankfulness [to God]. (AMP)

Recently I was in a discussion with someone and the discussion got heated.
I dropped the "F" bomb without forethought. I felt horror-able. I find it
offensive and I know that many other do as well, and most of all I know
that it is offensive to God. Jesus said to get to heaven we must become
like little children. We all do things that we may not know are sins,
unconscious or unintended, and then there are some that do it knowingly and
don't really care who it offends. They find it funny. Paul wrote that the
believers are to be different, by language and attitude. Brethren, we are
to speak words of praise and thankfulness to our God. We are to be examples
of Jesus to our world. We must take a conscious effort to be different, to
be set apart, to be holy.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment