Saturday, September 17, 2016

Getting into heaven is not about what you know but Who you know.

Matt4:17...“Repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret
past sins, live your life in a way that proves repentance; seek God’s
purpose for your life], for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” 19....“Follow
Me[as My disciples, accepting Me as your Master and Teacher and walking the
same path of life that I walk], and I will make you fishers of men.” 5:28
but I say to you that everyone who [so much as] looks at a woman with lust
for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 6:9...‘Our
Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.(AMP)

Have you ever had one of those days when you just need to read those
letters in RED? The words of Jesus, your Lord and Savior? Sometimes it may
be for rebuke, direction, comfort, peace, to cut you or heal you. Sometimes
I need to be reminded that my Father in heaven is to be Hallowed - to honor
as holy; consider sacred. Living in this world is not easy, and it seems to
be getting more and more challenging the more I want to be like Jesus, the
closer I get to heaven. Sin and temptation are everywhere. When I really
need times of refreshing, I get so easily distracted. I want, I desire to
be like Jesus. There is a difference between being a fan and a follower of
Christ. A fan may know about someone. A follower knows that person
intimately. Getting into heaven is not about what you know but Who you know.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment