Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Broken Heart. Psalm 22:6-13

Psalm 22 NLT
6 But I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned and despised by all! 7 Everyone who sees me mocks me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, 8 “Is this the one who relies on the LORD? Then let the LORD save him! If the LORD loves him so much, let the LORD rescue him!” 9 Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast. 10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born. 11 Do not stay so far from me, for trouble is near, and no one else can help me. 12 My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls; fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in! 13 Like lions they open their jaws against me, roaring and tearing into their prey. 

While Jesus was dying on the cross for your sins, for my sins, for the whole world's sins He was mocked, ridiculed, sneered at, scoffed, taunted and humiliated. 

They dared Jesus to come down off the cross and save Himself. He could of, at any moment, He could have rescued Himself. But that would not have fulfilled His mission, that would not have completed His task, the task the Father sent Him to accomplish, to die for the sins of all mankind. 

Jesus knew from a very young age what He had to do, He knew why He was sent. He knew His fate and for love He accepted it, for love He would die. 

Next time you are mocked for your faith, next time you are scorned because you speak up for Jesus remember what He endured for you. Not just the physical pain He endured but the heart that must have broke while He hung there dying, a broken heart for the sins of mankind. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment