Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Yesterday, Today and Forever. Genesis 26:1-6 NLT

If you grew up with good parents, their rules were established to protect you and keep you safe. Some of their rules at the time probably seemed archaic. When we become adults and hear ourselves echoing our parents words, we finally get it. They weren't being mean, or didn't care. It was in fact because of their love for us those rules were in place. 

The same is true with God. So many people pick and choose God's laws they want applied to their life but disregard or excuse away the laws they don't want to follow. 

Here's the thing. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.Hebrews 13:8 As are His laws. God is never changing, either is His Word, the Bible. If the Bible says something is wrong, it's wrong. For everyone. All the time. If the Bible says something is right, it's right. For everyone. All the time. 

Isaac wanted to go to Egypt because of the famine in the land. God told him not to go, so he didn't. What is God telling you not to do today? Still want to do it anyway? 

Genesis 26:1-6 NLT 

1 A severe famine now struck the land, as had happened before in Abraham’s time. So Isaac moved to Gerar, where Abimelech, king of the Philistines, lived. 

2 The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt, but do as I tell you.  3 Live here as a foreigner in this land, and I will be with you and bless you. I hereby confirm that I will give all these lands to you and your descendants,  just as I solemnly promised Abraham, your father.  4 I will cause your descendants to become as numerous as the stars of the sky, and I will give them all these lands. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed.  5 I will do this because Abraham listened to me and obeyed all my requirements, commands, decrees, and instructions. 6 So Isaac stayed in Gerar. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment