Thursday, November 16, 2017

1 John 3-He assures my heart

19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: 20If our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and He knows all things.

“Sometimes our heart condemns us, but, in doing so, it gives a wrong verdict, and then we have the satisfaction of being able to take the case into a higher court, for ‘God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.’ ” (Spurgeon)

For those of you that read my devotional yesterday my heart is hurting for my neighbor who committed suicide. He had always told me  to call on him if I needed any help. I always knew I could count on him. But now he’s gone. 
But....”God is greater than our hearts” He will get me through this and He assures my heart in His presence.

I pray He brings comfort to his wife and adult children.
Please join me in prayer!


Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment