Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Ask God to purify your heart!

Have you ever look at yourself in the mirror, not to see the flaws of your
appearance, but deep into your own eyes to see the flaws of your spirit,
your very soul? Recently, I did just that. I prayed and asked God to help
me to be the MAN of GOD that I know He wants me to be. We all sin in many
different ways, some we are conscious about and others we are not. One of
my prayers is written in *Ps19:12 Who can understand his errors or
omissions? Acquit me of hidden (unconscious, unintended) faults.* We all
have sins of doing the wrong things, the things that displease God. There
are also things that we don't do for one reason or another that God wants
us to do and we just don't. *Gal5:17 For the sinful nature has its desire
which is opposed to the Spirit, and the [desire of the] Spirit opposes the
sinful nature; for these [two, the sinful nature and the Spirit] are in
direct opposition to each other [continually in conflict], so that you [as
believers] do not [always] do whatever [good things] you want to do.*
Sometimes it is about not just taking a step of faith but a leap of faith.
My brethren, may all who read these words, look deep into there own heart
and seek out what is wrong. Ask God to purify your heart as I have asked
God to purify mine as well. May the Holy Spirit bring the conviction that
we all need. And may we be obedient to what God has called us to do, even
if it is troublesome. In Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment