Friday, November 3, 2017

I AM THIRSTY

I AM THIRSTY. I'm not completely sure why the spiritually dry periods come
and lately, I have experienced more than I can ever remember before. I
still listen to worship music, I still read my Bible and I still pray, I am
not practicing sin, I am striving to be more like Jesus, and yet something
is missing. The one thing that God has shown me clearly is that I am too
busy with the worlds affairs and not being productive enough for the
kingdom. My time is being consumed by things that have NO eternal value. I
gladly confess however, that my desire to experience Jesus' living water is
more intense than ever before as well. It is written in *John7:37 Now on
the last and most important day of the feast, Jesus stood and called out
[in a loud voice], “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! 38
He who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the
Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers
of living water.’” Only Jesus can supply the water that our thirsty souls
desire. Only He can fill the emptiness and comfort the heartache that many
of our lives are full of. Lord Jesus, please, please keep your life giving
spring flowing in me and all who read this. Please revive a spirit of
holiness and devotion unto you. Please give us Your Living Water, the Holy
Spirit more powerfully than ever before. Help us to have faith that can
move mountains. In Jesus precious and powerful name we pray. And all of
God's people said, Amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment