Tuesday, November 28, 2017

I Remember!

I remember my first real encounter with Jesus. There were many times before
that I can see His fingerprints in my life, but this was different, this
was personal. It was not in a church, it was not at a revival, it was not
by friends, I met Jesus, Father's Day 2000 in my children's bedroom. I was
all alone, it was just me and Him. That day He saved my life for eternity.
From that day forward, my desire has been to know Him more and to make Him
known to all that I come in contact with. I look at so many people in the
Scriptures and want to be like them. I look at Paul and want his boldness.
I look at Barnabas and want to encourage. I look at Andrew, and see a man
who had an experience with the Christ and was bringing everyone he met to
meet Him. *John 1:40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him,
was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon,
and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the
Christ).42 And he brought him to Jesus.* There are many people who profess
Christ and tell no one about Him. People will talk of sports, a job, money,
politics, of a spouse or grandchildren without hesitation and yet the
mention of Jesus is far from their lips. Charles Spurgeon wrote. "You have
never truly found Jesus if you do not tell others about Him". Brethren, “We
have found the Messiah” and the world, our world needs to know, they need
to meet Him too. May our God give us all the boldness of Paul, the
encouragement of Barnabas, and the enthusiasm of Andrew, in Jesus name,
amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment