Monday, November 13, 2017

Stand in Front!

Stand In Front. A few years back as I was preparing to take a team down to
Mexico for a missions trip, someone asked me, with all the problems going
on with the cartels, what are you going to do if something happens? My
response was quick and to the point, Stand In Front. I have learned that
there are generally 3 types of people, ones that will run into a fire to
help, ones that will run away from a fire in fear, and ones that will stand
there and watch it burn. I want to live out the words that C.T. Studd wrote
"Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run
a rescue shop within a yard of hell". I remember the day of my salvation
like it was yesterday and it was 17 years ago. I remember the moments
before as well. I know what kind of person I was and what I am capable of
doing. I think of *John 3:16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the
world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that
whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish
(come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.* and
think, what if I would of died before I understood. Last night there was an
incident at the church I go to. Not knowing what was going on, I was moved
to get there and try to help. I did not think about what happened in Texas
or what might happen to me. My heart was to bring peace to the situation
and the love of Jesus. With all of the shootings and terrorism going on,
my thoughts are, what about the lost soul that is creating the chaos who
does not know Jesus? What will happen to him? We all deserve hell, thank
God that Jesus came to the save the world from it. We all need to remember
that He even came to save the shooters. This hits home for me, I remember
having a gun in my hand aimed to kill.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment