Thursday, November 30, 2017

Anticipation

Have you ever really thought about what it will be like when you see Jesus
face to face? I look to certain Bible verses with anticipation, verses like
*Ps17:15 As for me, I shall see Your face in righteousness; I will be
[fully] satisfied when I awake [to find myself] seeing Your likeness.* and
also *Matt5:8 “Blessed [anticipating God’s presence, spiritually mature]
are the pure in heart [those with integrity, moral courage, and godly
character], for they will see God.* A few years ago I developed a tumor in
my neck. It ended up being the size of a peach before it was removed. I was
on the operating table and "I Can Only Imagine" was on the radio, in its
lyrics are thoughts of what it might be like when we see Jesus: "Will I
dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still Will I stand in your presence
or to my knees will I fall Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak
at all". I knew that whatever happened, I was going to be ok. I was excited
that in the next moment I might see Jesus and concerned as well because I
know who I am. I have heard people say that they do not want to go to
heaven "yet", that there is so much more "stuff" they want to do here. For
those that think that way, I feel sad. It seems as if they have no real
understanding of what heaven is all about. I am ready to go today. I want
to be with my Jesus. I also understand that there is so much more to do for
the kingdom here. May we be heavenly minded and earthly good to the glory
of God, in Jesus precious and powerful name, amen. Maranatha - Come quickly
Lord Jesus!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment