Friday, November 24, 2017

Give thanks to God!

Thanksgiving is one day that is set apart in the year to give thanks to God
for the many blessings that we have received. There have been times
throughout my life that I have gotten tunnel vision. The only things that I
have been able to see is the pain and misery in my life and the lives of
others. It is written in *John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal
and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it
in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].* Jesus came, that we may
have and enjoy life. I look at my life and know that I do not have
everything I want, but I am thankful that I have everything I need. My
house is not huge, and yet, it is so full of love, the love of my family. I
may not have a spouse, but I have so many people, family and friends that
truly love me more than I can ever imagine. I may not be rich, but I have a
roof over my head, clothes to wear and food to eat. I am getting older and
wake up with aches and pains, and yet I am still able to walk and do things
that need to be done. I do not have a shiny new truck, but I am thankful
that mine gets me where I need to go. I am done letting the enemy take away
my joy. Today, I vow to count my blessings every moment, give glory to God
for all the He has given me, and rejoice even more for my salvation in and
through Jesus Christ. *1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks to the Lord, for He
is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!* If you are
struggling today to have the joy and peace of the Lord, know that Jesus
loves you and I love you too!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment