Sunday, November 19, 2017

Personal relationship with Jesus?

Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus? Intimate, trusting, and
secure? One that is reflected in *Ps23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed,
to guide and to shield me], I shall not want.2 He lets me lie down in green
pastures; He leads me beside the still and quiet waters.3 He refreshes and
restores my soul (life);He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His
name’s sake.* and also look at *Ps 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the
Most High Will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose
power no enemy can withstand].2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge
and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust [with great confidence, and on
whom I rely]!” I have asked people how long that they have been a Christian
and why, and have heard many different responses. Some people come to Jesus
because their life fell apart, I know mine did. Some needed something more
than they had in their life. Others saw the relationship in a family member
or a friend desired what they had. Some even say that they were born into
it. No matter what the reason, it needs to be personal, intimate, you and
Jesus. In the Psalms, it says "my", "my Shepherd", "He restores my soul",
"He is my refuge and fortress". If anyone who reads this does not
understand what it means to be "His" and know God personally, please
contact me. When the day comes to stand before Jesus, face to face, no one
will want to hear, "I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from
My presence]"

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment