Saturday, May 12, 2018

Selah. Psalm 3

About two months ago I had bronchitis. I went to the doctor and was given all the appropriate medications. The bronchitis never completely cleared up. Two weeks ago what I initially thought was allergies turned into a sinus infection. I couldn't get into my primary care doctor so I mistakenly tried to deal with it on my own. Five days later, when I was finally able to get an appointment, I was told if I didn't rest I would end up with pneumonia. I took the next three days and did nothing, just resting at home. 

David and I both believe it was too late. I think pneumonia had already settled into my lungs. I have a follow-up appointment on the 18th. 

Rest, stop, be quiet, be reflective, pause, hang out, contemplate, weigh or contemplate. Worship. 

Selah
Selah is a word used seventy-four times in the Hebrew Bible—seventy-one times in the Psalms and three times in Habakkuk. The meaning of the word is not known, though various interpretations are given below. It is probably either a liturgico-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like "stop and listen."    The  Amplified Bible translates  selah as "pause, and think of that." Alternatively,  selah may mean "forever",  "to hang," and by implication to measure (weigh), or to "pause and exalt the Lord"
Wikipedia 

We all need to selah. 

Blessings, Cecilia 



No comments:

Post a Comment