Tuesday, May 15, 2018

John 3:3,5 Are YOU born again?

John 3:3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

When you accept the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you are marked by God as one of His adopted children. You become, “born again”.

I was born into a Catholic family, baptized after birth and I went to a catholic school but I never learned what these verses taught, which are the words of Jesus.
Instead I learned that I was saved by baptism alone. Unfortunately the Bible doesn’t teach or say you are saved with baptism as an infant.

But Jesus did say after you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior to be baptized as a public pronouncement of faith. Burying the old self and rising out of the water as a new person in Christ.

If you haven’t been born again, you cannot enter heaven. You cannot enter heaven by being a good person. You cannot be born again by baptism. 
You must make the conscious choice of accepting what Jesus did on the cross for you. 

Are you born again?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment