Thursday, May 10, 2018

My Shield and Glory. Psalm 3:3-4 NLT

How many of us during difficult times can still praise God? Do you praise Him in the midst of tragedy? When life is out of control and things seem really messed up do you claim God as your shield? Is He still your Glory then? 

In 2013 my father suffered a heart attack. The mitral valve he had placed in his heart 10 years prior was giving out and needed to be replaced. He ended up in the hospital in Marquette Michigan and from there, transferred to University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. I flew to Michigan from Tucson Arizona where I was living at the time. I was able to spend those last few days of my dads life with him. I am eternally grateful to God for that. 

Those last few days were a rollercoaster of emotion. One morning things looked up and just a few hours later we didn't know if he would make it to evening. Throughout it all, I had peace. Peace because I knew God was in control. If my father lived, it was God's will. If he didn't, that was God's will too. I didn't really let go and cry until I got back to Tucson after his death. 
God can do that, if you let Him. He can give you peace, He will be your shield. He can be your Glory even in the difficult times. 

Psalm 3:3-4 NLT
3 But You, O LORD, are a shield around me; 
You are my Glory, the One who holds my head high. 
4 I cried out to the LORD, 
and He answered me from His holy mountain. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment