Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Matthew 5:44 How do you pray?

Mathew 5:44 BSB But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

I found this description of prayer in Bible Hub under Topics and prayer. There were many to choose from and this one seemed the best to me.

Prayer
Is the offering of the emotions and desires of the soul to God, in the name and through the mediation of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is the communion of the heart with God through the aid of the Holy Spirit, and is to the Christian the very life of the soul. Without this filial spirit, no one can be a Christian, Job 21:15 Psalm 10:4.

How do you pray?
We pray before each meal, giving thanks, we pray for those we know who are sick and ask for healing. We pray for salvation of family and friends. We pray for our son. We pray for those who have sinned against us.

I also pray throughout the day when someone or something comes to mind. An example would be thanking Him for spring and the beautiful birds singing and the flowers blooming.

I pray when receiving a prayer request and I try to send the prayer to the recipient by email, text, telephone or in person. I have found it’s important to do it at the moment of the request. 
If someone asks you for prayer, do it right, then and there! Don’t wait, don’t hesitate!

If you are in need of prayer, there’s nothing worse than someone saying I will pray for you later. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in the moment.

How do you pray?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment