Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Haggai 1:7-11 Consider Your Ways!

Haggai 1:7 Thus says the LORD of hosts, “Consider your ways! 8“Go up to the mountains, bring wood and rebuild the temple, that I may be pleased with it and be glorified,” says the LORD. 9“You look for much, but behold, it comes to little; when you bring it home, I blow it away. Why?” declares the LORD of hosts, “Because of My house which lies desolate, while each of you runs to his own house. 10“Therefore, because of you the sky has withheld its dew and the earth has withheld its produce. 11“I called for a drought on the land, on the mountains, on the grain, on the new wine, on the oil, on what the ground produces, on men, on cattle, and on all the labor of your hands.”

Do you regularly tithe? Do you give 10% of your income to support your church? Many people close their ears when this is spoken but believe other parts of the Bible. So why not believe this part of the Bible?

To be honest I struggled at times with this when I noticed our previous pastor had a better level of life, cars, boat and house. But I was sinning with my judgement. Who am I to judge those whom God blesses?

We need to consider our ways! God doesn’t need our money but He requires an obedient heart. Support your church with tithes of 10% and get involved in your church. When it comes down to it, all churches are accountable to God.
Are you?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment