Thursday, May 31, 2018

Genesis 7:11-12, 9:11-13 Rain & Rainbow!

Genesis 7:11In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. 12The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.

I’m lightening (gun) shy, our last house took a lightning hit and did $7k worth of damage. 
Last night I saw with my weather app we had a chance of thunderstorms so I disconnected the antennas and unplugged the television, satellite etc.
During the nite we had a power bump because the stove clock was reset and flashing. After checking my rain gauge I recorded the rainfall at .68” of rain.

But take note of what this verse says; “all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened”
I don’t believe this was just a typical rainstorm! It was greater than a deluge!
And it continued for forty days and nights!

Some people comment on my driveway because of the crown and drainage cuts on the sides. When snow melts or rains persists it has to flow somewhere and I prefer my drive not to wash out.

What is the heaviest rainstorm you’ve been in?
Have you ever experienced a flood?

When you see a rainbow, remember His promise. 
Genesis 9:11“I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12God said, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; 13I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment