Wednesday, August 24, 2016

What does Salvation mean to you?

2Cor6:1 Working together with Him, we strongly urge you not to receive
God’s grace in vain [by turning away from sound doctrine and His merciful
kindness]. 2 For He says, “At the acceptable time (the time of grace) I
listened to you, And I helped you on the day of salvation.” Behold, now is
“the acceptable time,” behold, now is “the day of salvation”

Salvation is a term that believers in Jesus Christ embrace and to the
unbelievers is just another word of Christianese, a foreign language. It is
to be saved from hell, saved from separation from God for eternity. I
remember the day of my salvation, and I also remember the day I walked away
from God, following after my flesh instead of obeying Him. Grace is another
word that we Christians use, undeserved favor, that we wrestle with. God is
a forgiving God. No matter where you are in your life, every human needs to
realize that Jesus died for our sins of yesterday, today and tomorrow. If
you have never truly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, today can be
the day of your salvation. If you have walked away, repent and return to
the One who thought you were to die for.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment