Friday, August 5, 2016

The devil made me do it.

James1:14 But each one is tempted when he is dragged away, enticed *and* baited
[to commit sin] by his own [worldly] desire (lust, passion). 15 Then when
the illicit desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin has
run its course, it gives birth to death.

"The devil made me do it" is not a statement that fits all situations. Many
times our sin is because of our own sinful nature. There are many struggles
and challenges that I face everyday, not because of who I am in Christ, but
because of who I was in the world, B.C. From my childhood, there were
desires and lust that drew me, and just because I follow Jesus they have
not gone away, those memories and experiences seem to haunt me. I have
heard it said, "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't
possibly live long enough to make them all yourself" - Sam Levenson. Sin
causes separation from God and leads to death. Humans sin almost everyday,
one way or another. Christians are just more aware of it. As Christians, we
are not sinless, but we are to sin less, and when we sin, may we repent
quickly.

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment