Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Glory of God vs Holy Spirit. JOHN 16:5-15

John 16 NLT
The Work of the Holy Spirit 
5 "But now I am going away to the One who sent Me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. 6 Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you. 7 But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send Him to you. 8 And when He comes, He will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in Me. 10 Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see Me no more. 11 Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. 12 “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own but will tell you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring Me glory by telling you whatever He receives from Me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is Mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever He receives from Me.’ 

Some people think of the Holy Spirit as our conscience convicting us internally when we do something wrong. The Holy Spirit is so much more then that. The Holy Spirit is the extension of God that dwells inside each and every believer. Our bodies are the temple of God and the Holy Spirit is God inside the temple. 

This leads me to a question I have been trying to find an answer to all morning. Is the Glory of God spoken of in the Old Testament the same as the Holy Spirit in the New Testament? 

My point in this question is IF the Holy Spirit is the same being as the Glory of God, that draws the following conclusions: The Glory of God who led the Israelites out of Eqypt by cloud during the day and pillar of fire at night is the same Spirit that fills us as believers The Glory of God that passed by Moses while he was on the mountain causing his face to glow is the same Sprit that fills you and me. The same Glory of God that filled the temple in the desert as the Israelites wandered for 40 years is the same spirit that dwells in us. Isn't that awesome? Isn't that incredible? Think about it! It's mind blowing......

Is there a correct answer to this question? Does anyone know for sure? I'll let you know what I find out. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment