Monday, August 22, 2016

Slapping God John 18:19-24

John 18
The High Priest Questions Jesus 
19 Inside, the high priest began asking Jesus about His followers and what He had been teaching them. 20 Jesus replied, “Everyone knows what I teach. I have preached regularly in the synagogues and the Temple, where the people gather. I have not spoken in secret. 21 Why are you asking Me this question? Ask those who heard Me. They know what I said.” 22 Then one of the Temple guards standing nearby slapped Jesus across the face. “Is that the way to answer the high priest?” he demanded. 23 Jesus replied, “If I said anything wrong, you must prove it. But if I’m speaking the truth, why are you beating Me?” 24 Then Annas bound Jesus and sent him to Caiaphas, the high priest. 
Could you imagine slapping God across the face? That's what one of the temple guards did when he slapped Jesus across the face. He slapped God.

We would never consider slapping God! After all, when we see Him face to face, it will be to enter Heaven. You don't slap the Creator of the universe. 

Have you ever used the Lord's name when cursing? Have you ever hated someone? Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever shunned religion or Christians or mocked the Bible? Then you have slapped God's face. I'll be honest, I have slapped God's face. 

Here's the good news, God will forgive you if you ask Him to. Then, make an effort to not repeat the things that are a slap in the face to God. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment