Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Physical Pain John 16:1-4

John 16 NLT
1 “I have told you these things so that you won’t abandon your faith. 2 For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God. 3 This is because they have never known the Father or Me. 4 Yes, I’m telling you these things now, so that when they happen, you will remember My warning. I didn’t tell you earlier because I was going to be with you for a while longer. 

Did you catch the key words above? "For you WILL be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when "THOSE WHO KILL YOU".

If you knew of impending difficulties in you life, would you change course? What if those difficulties involved denouncing something you believe strongly in? What if not denouncing what you believe meant experiencing extreme pain? 

Matthew 10:32 “Everyone who acknowledges Me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before My Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies Me here on earth, I will also deny before My Father in heaven."

Jesus experienced the ultimate emotional and physical pain when He hung on the cross. He experienced the pain from having nails driven through His hands and feet, the scourge from the "cat of nine tails", the crown of thorns not placed on His head but driven into His scull by the very people He came to earth to love and save. He endured the beatings, the insults, being mocked, ridiculed and spit on by people He loves. He knew from the beginning He would endure this end. He prayed in the garden "If there is any other way" but He knew there wasn't. 

Next time you are faced with difficulty and you know the right choice involves physical or emotional pain, remember the pain Jesus endured for you. I don't think anything we could experience could compare. He endured that pain because of the love He has for you.

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment