Wednesday, August 31, 2016

1 Corinthians 12:27-31 Where is He nudging you?

27Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues. 29All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they? 30All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they? 31But earnestly desire the greater gifts.
      And I show you a still more excellent way.


Most of us who work in the fields for Jesus, start out where we feel comfortable, but the Lord moves us where He wants us and it's usually an area where we are weak. Why? Because He uses the weak to confound the wise. How else will people know it was Him that transformed us?

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

So when you feel His nudging and you reply, I can't do that, remember that we alone cannot, but with Him all things are possible. 
He gave you spiritual gifts and He will strengthen your gifts to His perfection!

Years ago I had a pastor tell me I had the spiritual gift of administration. I didn't know where I would apply this gift. While volunteering as a chaplain at the Arizona State Veterans Home I saw a need. The Lord put on my heart to form a team of chaplains for service there. I wasn't easy and I made some mistakes but God perfected the team to His liking. A year later I was called to move to another state. I left the team in good capable hands, and the chaplains are of One Body all working for His glory. He continues to grow His ministry there and I enjoy reading the ASVH weekly reports. The chaplain team at ASVH are truly blessed!

Where is He nudging you?

Blessings, David 
Scripture blog; http://stanfordsancutaryscripturestudies.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment