Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Romans 15:14-21 Do you feel Him tugging on your heart?

14And concerning you, my brethren, I myself also am convinced that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able also to admonish one another. 15But I have written very boldly to you on some points so as to remind you again, because of the grace that was given me from God, 16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. 17Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God. 18For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed, 19in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 20And thus I aspired to preach the gospel, not where Christ was already named, so that I would not build on another man’s foundation;

21but as it is written,
            “THEY WHO HAD NO NEWS OF HIM SHALL SEE,
            AND THEY WHO HAVE NOT HEARD SHALL UNDERSTAND.”


All of us that receive Jesus Christ have a testimony from sin to grace, death to life. All testimonies have the same outcome, that is salvation. Paul's was unique as he persecuted Christians. God the Holy Spirit, guided him to preach to the Gentiles. 

Where is the Holy Spirit guiding you? Do you feel that tugging of your heart? It's Him! Do you feel your conscience whispering to you to speak of Jesus? It's Him! Do you hear that small whisper to help a beggar? It's Him! 
Why then, have you been ignoring God? Do as Paul did, go forth where He leads you! “THEY WHO HAD NO NEWS OF HIM SHALL SEE, AND THEY WHO HAVE NOT HEARD SHALL UNDERSTAND.”
Don't worry, pray to the Holy Spirit for the words and He will guide your mouth!

I remember one afternoon we were having lunch at a burger joint. As we were eating my son noticed a homeless man walking down the street and asked; "dad, can we buy him lunch?" I said yes. So when we finished and I purchased a meal. We drove down the street and located the man. Our son approached him to give him the meal and he yelled NO! It shocked our son and I told him to get back in the car and we would find someone else to give the meal to. We drove down the road to the next light and turned left. As we rounded the corner my wife yelled pull over! There sitting on the curb in front of Walgreens was a woman, beaten to a pulp, wrapped in a blanket. The scene was taken from the bible of the "Good Samaritan". Everyone was walking by her while she was in distress ignoring her, stepping around her. I asked my son to stay in the car and let my wife attend to her. There she was kneeling on the curb, praying, offering a ride, giving her nourishment both physically and spiritually.

I tell you this story not to be boastful but to demonstrate the guiding of the Holy Spirit. He put on my sons heart the idea to get a homeless person a meal, on my heart to buy it and to demonstrate fatherly love. He put on my wife's heart to evangelize and to help homeless woman. But He used a homeless man to start the process even though he wasn't the intended person. 

The point is, don't give up. Was the Holy Spirit wanting to show our son His love and compassion? Was He wanting the homeless woman to be tended to physically and spiritually? I believe both but will know the answer when we see God face to face.

Do you feel Him tugging on your heart?

Blessings, David 
Scripture blog; http://stanfordsancutaryscripturestudies.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment