Monday, August 8, 2016

SIN, Blinds, Binds and Grinds!

Judges16:28 Then Samson called to the Lord, saying, “O Lord God, remember
me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with
one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!”
2Chron 31:21 And in every work that he (Hezekiah) began in the service of
the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he
did it with all his heart. So he prospered.

The are many people in scripture that we can compare and contrast. People
that did great things for God. Samson was a judge that was to care for the
people of God. Samson's problem started with an "I" problem that led him to
an eye problem. Hezekiah on the other hand sought to glorify God. Serving
God continually is not an easy en-devour. The heart and the flesh battle.
For Samson, it seemed to all about him. For Hezekiah, it was all about God.
When we look back on our Christian life, what will we see, what do others
see, and most importantly, what will Jesus see? Learning from both of these
"Men of God", we see from Samson that SIN, Blinds, Binds and Grinds. From
Hezekiah, by seeking God the right way, he prospered. Brethren, we must
realized, life is short and Jesus is coming back soon. We must not look
busy, we must seek God's plan and purpose for our lives with all our heart.

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment