Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Living Water. Psalm 23:2b NLT

Psalm 23:2b NLT
He leads me beside peaceful streams.

Is it any wonder Jesus refers to Himself as living waters? He is the peaceful stream that gives us rest.
Years ago David and I owned a cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was on a small, somewhat private lake, in National Forest and motors were not allowed on the lake. It was quiet, secluded and peaceful. I loved taking the row boat out and drifting around the lake, listening to the sounds and watching the sky. It was my happy place.

All verses from the New Living Translation:

Jeremiah 2: 13 “For my people have done two evil things: 
They have abandoned Me— the fountain of living water. 
And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!
And we are still abandon Jesus to "drink from cisterns".

Jeremiah 17: 13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all who turn away from You will be disgraced. They will be buried in the dust of the earth, for they have abandoned the LORD, the fountain of living water. 

Zechariah 14: 8 On that day life-giving waters will flow out from Jerusalem, half toward the Dead Sea and half toward the Mediterranean,  flowing continuously in both summer and winter.

I can't wait to see that!

John 4: 11 “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would You get this living water?  12 And besides, do you think You’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can You offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?”
13 Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again.  14 But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”

John 7: 37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me! 38 Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from His heart.’” 39 (When He said “living water,” He was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in Him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into His glory. 

Lord, fill me with Your living waters, Your Holy Spirit!

Revelation 7: 17 For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. 
He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. 
And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”

Ah, to no longer experience grief! 

Revelation 21: 5 And The One sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then He said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”  6 And He also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life.  7 All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. 

Do you yearn for the rapture? I do!

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment