Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Genesis 27:34-37 Lord over your blessings!

34When Esau heard his father’s words, he let out a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me too, O my father!”
35But Isaac replied, “Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.”
36So Esau declared, “Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me twice. He took my birthright, and now he has taken my blessing.” Then he asked, “Haven’t you saved a blessing for me?”
37But Isaac answered Esau: “Look, I have made him your master and given him all his relatives as servants; I have sustained him with grain and new wine. What is left that I can do for you, my son?”

“he let out a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me too, O my father!”
Esau valued Issac’s blessing in material terms, not spiritual.

“He took my birthright,” Jacob didn’t take it away, Esau gave it away but God was Lord over it.

Is He Lord over your blessings?

Blessings, David 




No comments:

Post a Comment