Thursday, January 10, 2019

Fear Not! Psalm 23a NLT

Psalm 23:2a NLT 
2 He lets me rest in green meadows 

"The strange thing about sheep is that because of their very make-up, it is almost impossible for them to be made to lie down unless four requirements are met. 

Owing to their timidity they refuse to lie down unless they are free of all fear."

When our son Jesus lived with us we had a family therapist. She said something that I have found true. Underneath anger is fear. So, what are you afraid of? 

Yesterday at work I found myself in a grumpy mood. It started with not having a "Loader", you know, someone to load bulky and heavy purchases into customers vehicles. As a cashier, we cannot leave our register so unless we have a backup cashier, we can't assist the customer. Now, I've helped when I could, even stopping in the parking lot as I headed home when I saw someone needing help. 

Anyway, when there is no "Loader" available, we call the department the purchase is from for assistance. This usually leads to grumbling and complaining and passing the buck. Last night, I was not in the mood for it. Why? What made last night different?

It had nothing to do with what was going on at work. It had to do with a conversation with my sister the night before. I was angry with her. "She just doesn't get it." was the thought that kept going through my mind. But why does her " not getting it" make me angry? What am I afraid of? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment