Friday, January 4, 2019

Genesis 27:11-18 Which one are you, my son?

11Jacob answered his mother Rebekah, “Look, my brother Esau is a hairy man, but I am smooth-skinned. 12What if my father touches me? Then I would be revealed to him as a deceiver, and I would bring upon myself a curse rather than a blessing.”
13His mother replied, “Your curse be on me, my son. Just obey my voice and go get them for me.”
14So Jacob went and got two goats and brought them to his mother, who made the tasty food his father loved. 15And Rebekah took the finest clothes in the house that belonged to her older son Esau, and she put them on her younger son Jacob. 16She also put the skins of the young goats on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck. 17Then she handed her son Jacob the tasty food and bread she had made.
18So Jacob went to his father and said, “My father.”
“Here I am!” he answered. “Which one are you, my son?”

Rebekah was manipulating both Isaac and Jacob, but Jacob was willing to be manipulated when a plan was devised that looked foolproof.

Jacob, trickster, scoundrel.

All four of them didn’t trust each other, let alone trust God.
Jacob goes along with the plan and begins the deception, he allows the lamb skins to be put on his arms and neck. He then takes the tasty food to his father and says, “my father”.

Isaac says, “Which one are you, my son?” At that moment he was the trickster the scoundrel!

When our Father in heaven looks at us today could He say, “Which one are you, my son?” Will you be faithful or be the sinner?

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment