Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Genesis 26:34-35 Esau’s heart issue!

Esau's Wives
34When Esau was forty years old, he took as his wives Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite and Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite. 35And they brought grief to Isaac and Rebekah.

Genesis 24:3–4 (ESV)
3 that I may make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell, 4 but will go to my country and to my kindred, and take a wife for my son Isaac.”

Why did Esau take two more wives  that were descendants of Canaan?
Hebrews 12:16 (ESV)
16 that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal.

“And they brought grief to Isaac and Rebekah.” Deep sorrow, informal trouble or annoyance.

Esau had a heart issue. He lived for the moment.


What is your heart condition?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment