Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Genesis 28:18-22 The Lord is with you!

The Stone of Bethel
18Early the next morning, Jacob took the stone that he had placed under his head, and he set it up as a pillar. He poured oil on top of it, 19and he called that place Bethel, though previously the city had been named Luz.
20Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and watch over me on this journey, and if He will provide me with food to eat and clothes to wear, 21so that I may return safely to my father’s house, then the LORD will be my God. 22And this stone I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give You a tenth.”

Bethel will become an important city only second to Jerusalem.

Genesis 31:13 (ESV)
13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar and made a vow to me. Now arise, go out from this land and return to the land of your kindred.’ ”

Jacob placed too high importance on God only being in certain places.
But David said;
Psalm 139:7 (ESV)
7  Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?

Could Jonah escape the presence of the Lord?

What does the Bible say about making a vow?
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5  4When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it, because He takes no pleasure in fools. Fulfill your vow. 5 It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it.

The Lord is with you always, do you think you can flee from Him?

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment