Thursday, July 21, 2016

What does it mean to glorify God?

What does it mean to glorify God? According to Got Questions?.org, "glorifying God means to acknowledge His greatness and give Him honor by praising and worshiping Him, primarily because He,  He alone, deserves to be praised, honored and worshiped. God's glory is the essence of His nature, and we give glory to Him by recognizing that essence". Throughout my life before Christ, I worshiped the woman I was married to, my children, my job, drugs, alcohol, and so many other things, As a Christian, it has taken some time to understand that all those things have let me down and lead to disappointment and emptiness. Jesus is the one who saved me from death, physical and more than that eternal. Worship is more than singing songs, it is a lifestyle that glorifies God in ALL that we do. Brethren, may we "worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness", in Jesus name, amen.
1Chron16:28 Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Give to the Lord glory and strength. 29 Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment