Friday, July 22, 2016

Romans 8:1-8 Mind set of Spirit or flesh?

Deliverance from Bondage

      1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Are you in the mind set of the flesh or the mind set of the Spirit? True Christianity offers something no other religion offers. The God of creation offering up His Son in your place thereby giving you peace, joy and everlasting life. 
If you believe in Jesus then you are in the mind set of the Spirit. The Spirit in you looks forward to the day of being with Jesus in heaven. You have an inner peace that no man or spirit can rob from you.

But on the other hand, if you are of the spirit of flesh, nothing on this earth will satisfy your thirst. Everything you strive for and grasp in the flesh will not satisfy the God made hole in your heart. Mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God;

Today's study reminds me of this Psalm of David.

Psalm 63New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Thirsting Soul Satisfied in God.

A Psalm of David, [a]when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

63 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You [b]earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh [c]yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4 So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul is satisfied as with [d]marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.

6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
7 For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8 My soul clings [e]to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

9 But those who seek my [f]life to destroy it,
Will go into the [g]depths of the earth.
10 [h]They will be [i]delivered over to the power of the sword;
They will be a [j]prey for foxes.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him will glory,
For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.

May our Lord bless you today and may your mind set in the Spirit bring you peace in today's troubling world.

Blessings, David 
Scripture blog; http://stanfordsancutaryscripturestudies.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment