Friday, July 22, 2016

Do you say words that Speak Life?

Eph4:29 Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words
ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good for building
up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it will be a
blessing to those who hear [you speak]. 1Thes5:14 We [earnestly] urge you,
believers, admonish those who are out of line [the undisciplined, the
unruly, the disorderly], encourage the timid [who lack spiritual courage],
help the [spiritually] weak, be very patient with everyone [always
controlling your temper].

There was a time when I tore down a section of a wall and years later
needed to put it back up. The only problem is I knew how to tear down and
did not know how to build up. I have a friend that does, and he helped me.
Throughout my life I have been bullied and shamed, I allowed people and the
devil, to tear me down to the point that I wanted to die. I learned how to
tear someone else down as well, even myself in front of others, by words
and attitude. As a Christian, I have tried to be an encouragement to others
and build them up, helping others to understand what God is calling
Christians to do and how He is calling us to live. Brethren, we are to live
in way that glorifies God in all that we say and do. We are called to be
selfless and not selfish. We must be patient, encourage and be a blessing
to all that we are around. For some people, it will only take one word to
drive them over the edge to take their own life, or one word to bring them
to Jesus Christ. May we always say words that Speak Life, and it may just
be, Jesus loves you and I love you too.

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment