Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Unforgivable Sin John 10:17-21

John 10
17 “The Father loves me because I sacrifice My life so I may take it back again. 18 No one can take My life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.” 19 When He said these things, the people were again divided in their opinions about Him. 20 Some said, “He’s demon possessed and out of His mind. Why listen to a man like that?” 21 Others said, “This doesn’t sound like a man possessed by a demon! Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?” 

The imagery in the New Testament of Jesus and sheep is so powerful. In the Old Testament sacrifices of pure unblemished lambs were needed to cleanse the people of their sins. Jesus was the final sacrifice, pure and unblemished by sin. After His death and resurrection there was no longer a need for sacrifice to cleanse us from our sin. Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. 

Don't ever let anyone tell you your sins are unforgivable. The only sin God will not forgive is the one you will not confess. The Bible is full of examples on how God used sinners to do His work. God used Abraham's doubt and he became the "Father of Faith". God used David's sins to bring King Solomon, the smartest and wealthiest king, into power. Also through this family line He brought us Jesus. Jesus also came through the blood line of Rahab, the prostitute at Jericho. In the New Testament Saul hunted and killed Christians. After Jesus spoke to him on the road to Damascus, Saul converted and became Paul, one of the key figures in forming the church we know today. 

Don't ever think your sins cannot be forgiven. Don't ever think because of your past God can't use you. Turn to Him, confess your sins and wait and see what joy He has in store for you. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment