Sunday, July 17, 2016

Prayer and supplication!

Phil4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and
supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God
1Thes5:16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give
thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

How thankful are you when things do not work out the way you expected? Have
you ever made the statement, "when all else fails, I guess we have to pray"
or, "maybe we should pray about it"? There are battles that we face
everyday against an unseen enemy. This enemy comes to steel, kill and
destroy. Marriages are being destroyed, children are lost and confused,
there are mental, physical, and emotional crisis that are not being taken
care of because many in the Christian community either don't understand the
power of prayer or are just to busy to do it. The scriptures are clear,
prayer should not only be the first thing to do in every situation, it
should be something that we need to do continually. In my own life, I seem
to have a problem with joy, I see the problems of the world around me and
am overwhelmed, over burdened, and sometimes simply worn out from
everything. We are told to "Rejoice always" and "for this is the will of
God in Christ Jesus for you". I may not understand everything that is going
on, but I do know what I must do, Pray.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment