Friday, June 29, 2018

The Great Commission. 1 Timothy 1:5-7 NLT

Before Jesus ascended into Heaven, 40 days after His death on the cross He told His disciples  “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. " Mark 16:15-16 NLT

This is called the Great Commission. As Christians, we are instructed to share the Gospel with those around us. Okay, I know, that's a little uncomfortable. "What if I say the wrong thing? " In trying to share Jesus, I have. "What if I do the wrong thing?" Guilty.  "What if I push the person further from God?" I believe my words or actions may have done that a couple of times too.

God is bigger then the mess we make. In at least one of my failings mentioned above, I've seen the person move closer to Christ. With another of my failings, I've seen the person move further away, to the point of becoming hostile towards me and the mention of Christ. This grieves me deeply. 

Why does it matter? Why do I care? Not just because He told me to shate His message but because of what He has done in my life. I want everyone to experience the love I experience. I want everyone to live in the freedom of a clear conscience. I want everyone to have the same hope to live each day in this world knowing the joy coming in the next. 

The "one thing", the "purpose of life", the "reason for it all"? To live a life that brings God glory so that we can spend eternity in the Glory of God. 

1 Timothy 1:5-7 NLT 
5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.  6 But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions.  7 They want to be known as teachers of the law of Moses, but they don’t know what they are talking about, even though they speak so confidently. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment